I had the best email waiting for me when I got to work on Monday... my Space Camp/College friend, Kate, had emailed me that she was in town for one day and asked if I wanted to have dinner.

"hell yes" was my reply.

You know those college friends that I have spoken about before that you can see them after X amount of time and pick up your conversation like you just had to run out for a quick pee. Kate and i could always finish each other sentences and know what the point was to our sentence and make a head motion like "you don't need to finish, i know what you are talking about, move on..."
It was so nice to see her and we had the best dinner with tons of gab. It still amazes me how different our lifes are (her with 3 kids, 4 if you count her husband :) ) and me with my two dogs, single as single can be, but how our feelings and emotions are so similar--having the same fears & goals.
I was so sad when our night ended... but I'm sure when i see her again in June, we'll just be gabbin' like we were apart for 5 minutes. Love ya Kate!