Several weeks ago, I broke down and bought a Wii. I had some reward points that were going to expire at a certain electronics store, so instead of buying a CD or Movie, I decided to buy a Wii. LOL
Soon after I bought that, I saw a commercial for EA Spo.rts Act.ive. It looked really cool, and the online reviews were pretty good, so I decided to pre-order that. When I got back from Chicago it was waiting for me! I starred at it for a few days and then I finally decided I needed to use it. The game has a few choices as far as workouts that you can do, you can make up your own by selecting your favorite exercises and then it will string them for you. Or you can do a 30 day challenge. I decided to do the 30 day one... who knows what I like until I do it, right?! The daily workout is similar to circuit training. You do some arms, then some cardio, kicking boxing, back to arms, etc... I like it!! The running in place kinda bothered me at first, but then I started to really get into it. I couldn't get around the 'track' without wanting to pass out and die, but now at the closing of each workout, I'm running a few laps--amazing how our bodies work. I have been very surprised by the intensity of the workouts, I never thought a 'game' would do that. And it will even yell at you when you aren't doing something right--I've been told to step it up or keep my pose longer--the Wii knows all!!! I also like that the workouts aren't so long --anywhere from 18-25 minutes and that is all you need, cause I pooped after that! Yesterday's workout was lower body, tons of squats and lunges--I hurt today, my hips feel like they are in cement and my thighs are screaming at me with every step. I love it tho!
So if you have a Wii, pick this up, you'll love it too!