LOL, it sounds like my title is the beginning of a bad joke, but it is just my life. :-)

Much to catch up on... sit back and settle in, this is going to be a long post!

Mental Health Update
First, I'm doing MUCH better than I have been. I think my post a few weeks ago showed me at a low point, which I very much was. Luckily you missed my rage phase, I was just too on edge to blog. So, this is what happened... I got into a funk and I didn't know how to get out of it, things were just really blue and I went to go see my doctor. We talk and we decided that trying a new happy pill might be in order, so I did. OHMYGOSH, looking back on it, that was NOT the move to make. I didn't react very well to the new drug AT ALL and last week it all came to a head with me beating the refrigerator with a meet tenderizer and my boss asking what the hell was wrong with me. I knew that I needed off that stuff ASAP and back on my other stuff. That is exactly what I did, I went back to the doctor, I also am seeing my therapist again and we are scheduling regular meetings (I need structure). The effects of these changes were almost immediate, i cannot even begin to express how better I feel already. I was even able to get up in the studio and design a really cool piece. It is in the kiln right now, I can't wait to see it in the morning. I can't help to wonder "what the hell is wrong with me". But I guess that is what I'm going to explore in my upcoming meetings. Also, I pray that KBC never experience any of what I'm going thru. I hope that is crazy/low self esteem gene ends with me; just the thought rips my heart out.

The Refrigerator
If there was any way I could have opened the back door and thrown out my refrigerator, it would have been done by now. I hinted at issues a couple days ago and I think the worst is over, thank goodness. A few weeks ago, there was this clicking noise FROM HELL coming from the ice maker part of the unit. CLICKclickCLICK, CLICKclickCLICK, CLICKclickCLICK, CLICKclickCLICK for about 7 to 10 minutes every hour or so. I'd turn up the volume on the TV, I would leave the room, I would go sit outside, NOTHING would drown out the sound. CLICKclickCLICK, all hours of the night. I was fighting the new medicine and that CLICKclickCLICK just pushed me over the edge. At about 3am last Friday night, I took a meat tenderizer to it to try to shut it up. Yeah, it didn't work. CLICKclickCLICK. It just mocked me. RAGE.
The repair guy came out on Monday and said that he had to order parts would be back next Tuesday. WHAT?!?!? I broke down and cried, the poor man didn't know what to make of me. He tells me that my ice thing is frozen solid, I have to unplug the thing, and let it defrost. WHAT!?!? WTF am I suppose to do with all my food, my iced tea (my gosh!). That is where Jodie's frig and the massive roach comes into play. I finally did it this weekend, about 4pm CST today, I finally was able to pull the draw open, and restart my frig. YAY!! See some pics below!



The small one i borrowed from Jodie. It is sitting by my side door.


Currently holding all my frozen stuff. Keep replenishing the ice.


The beast trying to defrost. See the white thing on the upper right, that is causing all the issues!

House Guest
So, Brody, Samson and I have a house guest for a couple of weeks! Her parents are across the globe in different directions. Her dad is in Japan supporting the current shuttle flight and her mom is pretending to be on Mars while in the Arctic. She has been fun. Dinner time is a little rough, she likes to 'share' Brody and Samson's food, but they don't feel the same way. It has been fun watching them wrestle, she has been holding her own very well.

On the ottoman ready to pounce on Samson. She has a level playing field up there!

Watching TV with me. Think she has made herself at home?
Men on the Moon & a turtle


Friday night they were holding a splashdown of Apollo 11 at Spa.ce Cen.ter Hou.ston. Tickets were sold out and I was looking forward to listening to some of the apollo guys speak. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin (the 1st and 2nd men to walk on the moon) were there too. They are getting older and who knows if I would ever have a chance to hear them, so I was having a geek moment. (at least it wasn't rage, right?)
I got home early from work on Friday so I could the puppies run around and such. I was sitting on the couch flipping thru the channels and the dogs start going nuts. I figured it was another dog walking by, but they would NOT stop barking. So, I kinda lean over to see what they are looking at. WTF is that?!?! It was one of those things that you blink a bunch of times and just wonder if you are seeing things. This is what was out there:






He was just strolling up the driveway like he belonged there. (I guess animals know that they can come hang out under my car port. LOL) He made a lap around my car, stopped in front of the back door to let the dogs bark at him and then made his way back down the driveway and into my plants. After he got out of those, he continued down the street. I was now running late to the Apollo thing, but what was I going to do with this gigantic turtle? I decided that I really couldn't do anything (yeah, that was going to keep me up at night) and I ran back home to get ready to leave. As I was leaving the house, I decided to go look for him and see if he was okay. I saw a group of people about a block away all standing around and I knew he was over there. Everyone was just as amazed as I was; someone was also calling animal control. I felt so much better that he would be taken care of and I headed to the event.

Holy line to the moon and back!
I arrived at Spa.ce Ctr Hou.ston and the line was out of control, it was wrapped around the blding and down the entrance street almost all the way to the main road. It was only 6:30 outside and was still blazing hot, I was going to be nasty by the time I even walked to the end of the line from the parking lot, let alone wait in that line. I ran into a girl I worked with and she told me where another co-worker was standing and told me to go stand with him. It was awesome! He was pretty close to the front. Kent and her sister met me there and soon we were heading into the building. We take off to the IMAX theater where the speakers are going to be; they were already pushing people to the overflow theater, but we were rebels and went towards the other one anyway. There weren't that many seats left, but I snagged one, and Kent & Becky went to look for two together. They weren't able to find any, and had to go to the other theater. I kinda felt bad, but then my geek side took over again and I was excited that I was going to see Neil and Buzz talk! I so enjoyed hearing all the old stories from the original fight directors and then Neil got up. He speech was simple and inspiring, it was perfect for the night. (Insert eye roll here) Buzz got up after him and proceeded to pitch HIS ideas and HIS website and HIS book, never mentioning the fact that man was on the moon 40 years ago, nothing. Talk about a buzz kill (no pun intended). He ruined the whole night, he killed the atmosphere of the excitement of the moon landing. How sad is it that I even was texting Kent and Jodie while he was talking. I'm in the presence of a man that walked on the moon, and I couldn't care an ounce of what he was saying. Anywho, the evening was fun and Kent & I had a wonderful time.

Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon.

that other guy. #2


So there you go. Wow, that was a lot to cover. I hope you stuck with me. I'll post pictures of that plate i made today (if it comes out well).