Wow! I'm 3 weeks out. In the hospital I couldn't even think an hour forward, let alone 3 weeks. Things have been busy!
Let's see what's been going on...

I'm loving the complex mushies, I've started to introduce more 'solid' food into my diet, I can't go more than once a day on that, but I can see how it 'sticks' with you longer. I weigh myself everyday, which I know you shouldn't do, but I can't help it. So far I'm down 16--I'm thrilled with the number, but I know this next week is going to stink. I'm headed into the 3 week stall...

Everyone has warned me about the dreaded 3 week stall (the Surgeon, his assistant, the nutritionist and the folks on the WLS boards), the 3 week stall is where your body starts to store everything it can b/c it thinks you are really in a crisis and stops the weight loss all together, you can even gain during this time. This episode can last anywhere from 7-10 days; I knew it was coming, and I told myself that I wouldn't care, but I care! And I think I'm a tad bit bothered by reading the boards about folks that have the same date that I have +/- a few days and have lost 25+ lbs. But then I think that I really don't want to lose that much so fast, I like my steady loss. 16lbs in 3 weeks is nothing to sneeze at--WW could never give you those numbers. I also love the way clothes are fitting on me now, I can tell I'm somewhat gaining confidence every day.
Ran into Alexa at a meeting the other day, and just her words of encouragement got me through the rest of my day with a huge smile on my face -- amazing how small things go so far. Not that getting through my days have been rough, I just worry everyday about my numbers (protein and water). It is not like WW points, that if you go over, you just won't loose any weight, here these numbers keep me ALIVE and healthy. Everyday the count starts at zero and I worry if I'm going to make it. Some days I just can't drink or eat that much, there is just NO room. I never thought in a million years I would have to force myself to sit down and eat something. I find myself wanting to move more too; I hurt less and less each day. I'm taking full advantage of this glorious spring Houston has been blessed with this year and walking Brody everyday. I have also taken the opportunity to work on my front yard (see one of my New Year's resolutions)--even if a 4x2ft patch of ground took me 2+ hours yesterday, I'm still doing something. I'm fine if I'm doing one continuous thing, but the second I twist or bend over, I hurt. The last couple of nights working on the yard has worn me out--I have crashed hard.
However, last night kinda scared me... I woke up about 2am with the worst shooting pain down my left arm -- no lie, the first thing I thought of was if I was having a heart attack. I even got up to take an aspirin (which I'm not suppose to take on my new tummy), but I was THAT scared. I didn't sleep very well between worrying and it hurting so bad. I have an appt with the local favorite chiropractor after work, I'm really hope he can help me, it is still really hurting me.

I also should mention Chicago... what a great time I had and of course it was busy as usual. One of the highlights of my weekend was that it was so 'normal'. That I was able to enjoy the company of friends & family in a food setting and not be worried or embarrassed or anything like that--I survived it. It was the first time since surgery I have been in a setting outside of work or home and it was NO BIG DEAL! I loved every moment of knowing that I'm living a 'normal' life and not shrink away because of my decision. Man was it empowering--that I going to be 'okay'.

I truly am happy with everything that has been going on, and I'm thrilled that I'm getting along as well as I am (I was really scared in the hospital). I shall beat this 3 week stall & keep my head up and I shall continue to meet my daily numbers... all is good folks!