All is going very well. I've said it about 100 times just this week, but the human body is an amazing machine. Everyday I feel better/stronger. I had my post-op appt on Thursday, got a clean bill of health from the surgeon. He was explaining to me more why the incision on my left side hurt so bad -- the 4 other sites had less than an 1/2 inch cut to fit a small instrument, the big on is about 1.5 inches and goes that whole length thru all layers of tissue, fat and muscle, so there is a bunch to heal. He also said the more I move the more it will hurt, but the more it hurts it means I'm healing. He then took my stitches out--I swear he was the devil at that moment and had no mercy. The first one hurt so bad, I wanted to swing up and kick him, the next two not so bad and then he hit my belly button one--I thought I was going to puke, it was all tangled up in there and it hurt so bad when he pulled on it. The last one felt like a kitten lick. But they were all out and I was happy.
He ended the appt with the green light to move up to more 'complex' mushies --basically I have to keep things kinda soupy, but I blend the crud out of soups/meals that have more ingredients (rice and chicken and beans and goodness), but they still have to be able to go thru a straw. yeah, kinda gross, but let me tell how you yummo it still is!!! And I was able to have an Avocado--an item sent directly from heaven to my plate. I have no idea why I was craving one so bad.
Saturday I woke up hungry for the first time. It was weird, I usually have to get moving and get my system warmed up before I can even thing of eating, but yesterday morning I was ready to go first thing. Just goes back to that amazing human body thing.
I can also get up out of chairs a million times faster than a few days ago, I can get up and out of bed with no trouble, wincing or saying bad things thru my teeth. I'm even able to take Brody for walks now. We've been going further and further day--don't want to get too ambitious and need a tow back to the house. LOL

Oh my BrodyDog, he is laying on the floor just snoring away. I was watching him this weekend, him following me and doing this or that--and I've noticed we are in the routine that we had pre-samson. Odd. He just has stepped up to be there for me when he knows I'm feeling crap, gives what he can and then lays down close enough for me to touch him. He knows he belongs to me and I belong to him--we really do have a cool relationship and there is nothing that could replace my Brody.

Well, I have an express ticket to dream land tonight. I'm not going to say I over did this weekend, but i did push the limits cause i REALLY needed to get out of the house and that I did! what a beautiful weekend.

Okay friends. Hug your animals if you have them, they love you!