I'm sitting here watching the men play the finals in beach v-ball, so I thought I would be productive and blog while I have it on.

So, I get a medium-sized ticker tape parade tonight... why do you ask!? Cause I was STRONG! Tonight was Bridget's b-day, we hit a this new restaurant that everyone has been raving about. It was good, but the service was horrible. Anywho... I sit down and right there in front of my plate is a basket of homemade bread and butter.
"eat me Nicole, shove me in your mouth
I calmly pass the bread to my right and didn't even think about it, and I drink my $3.50 water (yeah, that is another story). I skim the menu, knowing that I have to eat a veggie (but only certain ones) and a protein. I see they have a chicken breast on the kids menu that comes with a salad...I'm going for that one. so I ask the asshole waiter if that is what I can have. "NO!"
nb: "do you just have a chicken breast I can have"
asshole waiter "hufff, no"
nb: "pass me please"
he now has to pass kim up too cause she was going for the same thing I was.
I see they have a half chicken with spinach and MASHED POTATOES. Ugg, why did it have to be mashed potatoes!!! (picture a 2 year old rolling on the ground when I say that)
So he comes back to me, and I ask for the chicken, but I ask if I can sub the mashed potatoes for a salad.
"huffffffff, I will have to speak with the chef"
nb: "huh? I can't sub?"
"I will have to speak with the chef"
whatever jackass. So kim orders the same thing, with the salad sub. At this point, he is NOT happy. Whatever, your tip is getting less and less jerk.
So he wonders back over after about 15 minutes, "no, you can't have salad"
nb: "WHAT!, fine whatever, just leave off the mashers please"
Amr had went to the bathroom and when he got back I told what the jerk said
Amr: "I'll take care of it"
and he did, kinda, he got us double spinach, but no salad.
Anyway, the chicken came, and oh my gosh, I could have fed an army with this bird. It was very, very good, the spinach was okay, but I guess it was the company that made the dinner the best part.
I ate about 1/4 of my meal, pushed it off to the side and just chit chatted the rest of the evening.
Then it was time for desert and the waiter put the desert menu in front of me, and why I looked I still have no idea, but the deserts just sounded so good. So what did I do? I grabbed my phone and text jodie for some inspiration. LOL. she sent me back some, but I was still trying to figure out if I worked out before work tomorrow, if it would even out. But then, Amr asked for the check (I hitched a ride with them) and the look I gave was like "wtf". LOL. But I did agree that I did not need to shove that goodness in my mouth and I got a pack a gum out and ate a piece for dessert.
And I can't tell you how good I feel right now!

THEY WON, THEY WON! THE MEN WON THE GAME!!!

oh, and I made my lunch tomorrow using the chicken I brought home tonight.

Yay me... let the parade begin!
I'm marching off to bed...