Jodie reminded me today that it has been a week since my last post. Wow, it has been a busy week... let me catch you up...

Friday-
Nothing big, just stayed home and cleaned and loved on my boys.

Saturday-
Woke up early to do the Seabrook 5K. Kim, Jodie, Mel, Sadie (a friend of Mel's) and I all signed up and were ready to run by 7:30am. Jodie's bro-in-law and nephew ran too and her sister took pics and cheered us on. Kim, Mel, Sadie and I started out walking. When Kim said that her iPod reached 1K, we decided to start to run. There were cones set up every 100 yards or so Kim and I ran to one, then walked to the next one, it was a really good system and we really motivated each other to get to the next cone. It was soooo hot out there, it had to be 80 degrees at that hour already with very high humidity. There was part of the run that the air did not move at all, it was horrible. But we all made it thru it, my time was a pitiful 47 minutes. I need to work my time before I can even think of signing up for the SA 1/2 marathon.

After the race, all of Jodie's family came to her house for a yummy breakfast. Her mom makes THE BEST french toast ever known to man!
After I ate way too much, the Ramby's and Travis came over to help install a vent fan in kiln room--yay, the room is only 100 degrees now, not 150! I crashed early that night, I was very pooped!

Sunday-
On Sunday I woke up and did a few things around the house, nothing too thrilling. I then met Kevin and Bridget for lunch down in Kemah, it was a nice visit, I haven't seen them in a while, life just goes by way too fast. I ran some errands, and then met John, Chrissy, Kev and Bridget for dinner. it was nice to see the Metro's two times in one day! When we were leaving the restaurant, the weather seemed to kick up some nasty stuff. I was driving home and I got a text message from Jodie asking if this was part of the storm that was churning in the Gulf. HUH? What? What freakin' storm in the Gulf?! I turn on the Weather channel and holy moly, there is Eduardo (stupid name by the way) just coming straight towards Houston.

Monday-
Work was buzzing about the storm--will it become a Hurricane? will it turn? will it completely wipe out Houston (okay, that one was too much), but you get the point. The center ended up closing at noon and staying closed thru Wednesday, opening back up after the storm passed.
So I headed home and started to put all my patio furniture away, along with the hose wheels, etc... so much fun to do in 100 degree weather. After all my stuff was put up, I then headed over to Jodie's and helped them finish up moving their stuff in the garage. Once we were done there, we all headed over to John's house to help him cut down some very dead tallow trees. Bryan got up on a very big ladder, hooked some rope to them and then cut them down. John and Danny held the ropes and pulled it away from the house. I'm really glad those trees are cut down, if a 'real' storm were to come thru, they could have fallen on their house. Side note, Chrissy's belly is so cute!

Tuesday-
I thought a storm was suppose to role in? What the heck is this spitting stuff happening outside? to say the storm was weak is an understatement... it missed us, but my lawn needed the rain, so I was happy. I ended the day with seeing the new Batman movie...very good by the way.

Wednesday-
Went back to work after the 'storm' to my desk a mess. Two over zealous new girls that were in charge of preparing for hurricanes went nuts on my desk. They unplugged everything from everywhere. I was pissed to say the least, the new kid saw my bad side on Wednesday. Sandy came down for lunch with Sage. He is getting so big and Sandy looks great. Lunch was kinda short, we all had a meeting to be at.

Thursday-
And that leaves today... not much going on. I hate this time of year. In one week it will be 11 years that my mom past away. I start to think of the conversations I had with my mom, what I did or did not say. I just hate it. Anywho... just take each day as it is and move forward. No looking back.

Later...