Okay, what city am I in? Not Houston, it is too freakin' nice outside to be Houston! I'm currently sitting outside writing this and watching the dogs run back and forth in the yard. This just might be a small slice of heaven (only if my neighbor would stop weed whacking, things would be that much better.)

I'm pooped. I had a full and busy weekend. Friday night, Lisa came over and we did some glass, we weren't going to call it a night until both kilns were full and running. Then Saturday I ran a few errands in the morning and then set up under the carport to do some cold working. I had handful of glass that needed to be polished before I slump it into forms, I had a BLAST. I love, love, love, love working on glass, it was so neat seeing each layer come off and just knowing how it is going to look so good when it is complete. And the weather could not have been nicer, no humidity, it was perfect working under the carport. The boys had a play date Saturday. Carolyn, Joe and Matteo came over and dropped Aussie off so they could all play together. We all sat down in the back and ate a quick lunch, and then the Pascucci's were off to downtown and the boys played all afternoon. Matteo is so big now, he grows every time I see him. He was getting a kick out of Sammy smelling and kissing his toes! After lunch, I got back to work, Samson and Aussie laid down in the garage while I worked, it was really cool looking back over my shoulder and just having them there hanging out with me. In my own crazy mind, it was close to perfect, art and dogs--nothing is better.
After a long day of grinding away (man, that could sound bad), I was pooped. I made some yummy turkey burgers on the grill and had a nice dinner. I really wanted to go to bed early, but I had to get stuff together for the class that I was teaching on Sunday. I started to freak when I couldn't find the supplies for one of the major projects in the class. I called Jodie for a second pair of eyes--I had to find that clay paper! I think her presence just snapped something in me, cause I found it shortly after she arrived. Landon came with her, he told me all about their day at the beach. My gosh is he getting bigger too. He is looking more like a 'boy' and not so much like a toddler anymore. He can tell you exactly what he is feeling or wants, it is really cool. Side story: I had a blast with him last Tuesday night. He had pink eye and hadn't taken a nap all day and I was really nervous to watch him, but he was so much fun. We talked and played, and went potty and put stickers on posters and raced cars and then fell asleep on the floor together. He is really a great kid and I love that I get to see him grow up. But he also makes me miss KBC more and more, I wish I had the same interaction with them.
Anywho, back to all of my art... after I finished gathering all the stuff for the class, I hit the sack, I think I was asleep before I hit the pillow, my whole body was tired.
I woke up later than I had planned (that is a common theme these last few weeks), so I was running around like a mad women before I had to leave for class. Oh, the studio I was teaching at is past Ikea... yeah, so it wasn't like it right down the road. I got there in enough time to set up and talk to the owner. I envy her studio, she has about 2500 sq feet of work space with TONS of glass all organized and glass molds that I could only dream about. Some day I want a studio like that! My three students show up shortly after I finished setting up (i was suppose to have 4, so I was a little bit disappointed that I only had 3--less $$ for me). They were nice, and quick studies, I didn't have to stop and repeat every little thing, once I showed them techniques, they were good to go... they created some really fun stuff. We broke for lunch around 12:30, we went to a very, very good Mexican restaurant, not TexMex, but real Mexican food. YUMMO. it was my free day, so I really enjoyed that meal. Class ended about 5 and then I made the trek home. I made some dinner and now I'm out here telling all of you about my weekend. Brody is now at my feet and Sammy is guarding the fence line. Yes, I think this might be close to perfect...

Man, this really was a great art weekend with some awesome weather. I could use a few more of these please. Every day doing something a bit different, but all creative. Using your mind is really exhausting... I'm going to bed early...

I promise to update soon about my WOE progress and thoughts about that... I'm just too pooped to write about it now. I'm going to hit 'Post' now and just sit out here a bit longer...