So, after another night of poor sleep, I woke up and turned on the TV to see some daylight shots of the damage from the night before. Wow, things are not pretty, the area was not looking pretty at all. I was craving, needing info about the neighborhood. I was hoping they would turn the cameras from the Hilton to JSC, I never caught it if they did. Around lunch time I got a text from both Jodie and Danny saying that the subdivision was beaten up, but not down for the count, no flooding. Danny found out that some folks that we know stayed behind (are they crazy!?!?!) and walked around and reported that I only have some shingle damage. Not sure how many flew off, and what damage happened to the house because of it, but all I can say is that I've never been more happy to have roof damage in my life. I would have bet one of the dogs that I was going to have some flood damage, I just 'knew it'. I am so happy to say that I was wrong.

Jodie reported that she too had some shingle damage and a fence leaning over. Again, if that is the worst thing that IKE hit us with, we are very lucky.

I text Alexa to see how they were, if any water got in their house, they live in Seabrook and they got hit pretty hard. Most of the other friends have checked in, seems like we all got some minor damage. Oh! I also heard from Sandy, her family made it through the storm.

Alexa update: she just text me back, they are in Aspen. I now know everyone is safe.

Houston and the surrounding areas have a huge cleanup ahead of them. I can honestly say that my stress level went down almost immediately when I got that text from Danny. Speaking of which, he is heading back tomorrow. I text him and asked him if he would report more from my house when he had a chance. I will owe him a case of beer when I get home.

I can't really express everything that is going through my head and everything that I've seen and read and heard over the last few days. I will try over the next few posts, I want to capture all of this, but I still can't get it all out and put it down.