So, I've been working hard on changing my 'tude towards things. I'm trying not to let the small stuff get to me. I believe my complaining levels have decreased and I'm just trying to get thru life wearing a Teflon suit. I've been under the theory that if I can change it, then work hard to do so, if I can't change something, make sure that my reaction to that change is sensible and not to over react. But mother f'er, I swear I have a gremlin that follows me around some days just to test me. Testing me he is!
The frig guy came yesterday to put in a whole new ice maker system so no more CLICKclickCLICK sound. He was very nice, chatty, and was done in about 15 minutes. This morning I went to make eggs and something didn't seem right, couldn't put my finger on it, so I just continued. I ate my eggs and stuff and then I went to get something to drink. My water wasn't that cold. And then the dogs saw the light bulb come on. My frig wasn't cooling! It still had some of the 'coldness' left over from when it was working. Immediately those eggs started to turn in my stomach. I checked the freezer; all my frozen broccoli is a mushed mess and the bag of ice I bought is almost a full puddle of water. REALLY!?!!?
I take a deep breath. Grab my receipt from the repair guy and call back.
"Blah, Blah, Blah, we're so sorry, I know it is frustrating"
Okay, I don't know about you guys, but when customer service people read from a script, it drives me f'in bonkers.
I asked them about food spoilage reimbursement. Oh yeah, I bought a bunch of stuff late Friday night (meat for the week, veggies, cottage cheese, lunch meat, chicken, eggs... all has to be thrown out). I have to fill out a detailed report and then 3-5 weeks after that I might get my check if is approved. And approval could take 3-5 weeks too. So I might have my $ back by Xmas.
I'm really trying to control my frustration on this whole thing. But I don't understand how replacing an ice maker will then cause my whole unit to stop cooling. I don't understand why I just can't mosey thru life without all these stupid speed bumps. I know that life experiences help define your character, but my gosh; why can't I have experiences of shooting stars, and sunflowers and a cherub's arrow hitting my ass (its a big enough target). I want fun, exciting experiences. And I know that I need to search those out, but do the annoying experiences always need to find me? (it seems like that anyway).
Okay, enough bitching (I said I was getting better at that right, I guess I just had relapse). I just needed to vent. I was heading up to the studio, but now I need to drag the frig that Jodie lent me back in the house (thank goodness I didn't take it back to her house yet) and plug that in to get that cooled down. I then need to clean out the nasty frig.
Happy thoughts, creative thoughts.

Just as I was going to close this post out, it hit me that I should be thankful for what I DO have and stop sweating the small stuff. Today a friend is mourning the loss of her husband's grandfather, who they were very close to, and I'm complaining about a frig. With my head hung low, I'm closing this one out.