Friends! Can you believe it has been 8 weeks since my surgery!? I still shake my head some days that I even had it at all let alone 8 weeks ago. Things are going very well, absolutely no complaints. I'm still fighting this ick that I have; I think it hit me pretty hard and, as pointed out to me, when I'm only getting 700-1000 calories a day, healing might take a little bit longer. I'm seeing the numbers dropping on my scale like I did the first week after surgery, it is a little bit of an eye opener and scares me a bit, I honestly don't want to lose too fast.

I see other changes in me other than the scale moving. I'm growing, i can feel it. I'm busting out of this self-imposed cocoon that has kept me safe and sheltered for so long. I'm tired of whining, I'm tired of not taking chances, I'm tired of not holding my head up high & be proud of the things that I HAVE done and not just hold on to the things that I haven't done. I honestly want to go sing and dance in the streets (heaven help us all) and show that I'm so excited at this improved life I'm making for myself. So, come on out and cheer me on friends, I can use all the moral support I can get :-)

Okay, so here are the 8 week stats:
Total lbs lost: 25.2 pounds
Total inches lost: 21.5 inches

Some mini goals:
6 more pounds until I reach 31 pounds lost, this is the most I was ever able to lose before, I don't know why I hold on to this number, but I do. (Why do I do half the things I do?!) Not sure what I'm going to do at this goal, just might do a little dance. This will also be the 1/3 way mark thru my overall weight loss goal.

15 more pounds and i'll be past another major milestone, I think I'm finally going to take Sandy's advice and go to 8 Minute dating... heaven help me. I'm trying to psych myself up for this one, so I'm starting early by counting down the pounds.

oh! speaking of pyshc, I had to reschedule my appt for tomorrow (I was sick on Friday), so I'm looking forward to that.

That is pretty much it for now. My updated bedroom is taking shape, i'll add pictures as soon as it is put together. I have the curtains up so far and they are awesome--really changed the room, much brighter (as I was intending it to be).