Could you hear me screaming? I bet you could if you listened hard enough. I was screaming in pure frustration at my food addiction. For 35 years and a couple of weeks I've been fighting this thing and I hate it. I was doing so well, and then the hurricane and then and then and then--just all excuses. It is amazing the cycle I can find myself in; I can think about high school and college and early in my career and I can see the same patterns. I'm sitting on my bed just blogging away and I'm just shaking my head thinking of all the things that I've done wrong over the last few weeks. Last night I had dinner at Carolyn's and she introduced me to her neighbor. She was talking about how she was going to the 1/2 in SA this weekend. That just made me feel even worse since that was another goal I pissed away.

Okay, enough looking into the past. I need to look forward and take one moment at time.


I need to give a few shout outs to people and an awesome dog. Congrats to Sandy who came in 5th place in Viv's latest challenge. Yay you! Keep up the good work.

I mentioned earlier that I had dinner at Carolyn's. Well, she had a few dog people over and Brody met 3 new dogs. He was on his best behavior (we had a talk before we went--LOL). I was very, very proud of him. No growling, no curled lips, nada, nothing! He played very well, and when he was tired, he went off and laid by himself and didn't bother anyone else. I think I might over done my praise (if that is possible) cause he is super lovey with me. Tonight he curled up with me on the couch and he got an hour long belly rub and now he is on the bed with me as I blog. Just as I think he knows that I rescued him as a puppy, he also knows how much I was hurting when he bit that other dog. That options that were not in his favor were being thought about. I'm really glad I fought for him and decided to give him a quiet, stress free life with me. A young couple came to buy my old couch this weekend, they said it was okay if I let the dogs out. In the past, I would have let them say hello, but now I just told them that they were okay in the backyard and just kept going on with the sale. I don't need everyone to love Brody as much I as I love him and he is fine just looking at things from a distance. He is my first born and we'll be just fine with it being the two of us (and with Sammy).

I'm trying to fight this cold off, so I'm going to bed early. Sweet dreams friends. Love ya all!