I had the best time this past weekend; Jodie, Bryan, Landon, Danny, Max, Melyssa, Maddox and I all went to Danny's family's camp in Louisiana for the holiday weekend. We've been to the camp before and we've always had the best times; this weekend was no exception. The M's and I arrived late Friday night/early Saturday morning and when we woke up around 8 am and hit the ground running!
Mel and Jodie blew up the pool for the boys and the fun really began! The boys had so much fun playing in the little pool while the adults enjoyed the deck and contemplated when we should fire up the blender (it was noon somewhere in the world). Lanno was so cute and invited Danny to join them in the pool, he gave in and sat back as the boys climbed all over him--it was so cute.
After some yummy lunch, we packed stuff up and headed out on the boat. We didn't have a real destination, we just went out and enjoyed the day. We finally anchored, threw on some life jackets and jumped in the water. Ohmygosh the boys loved that, they had so much fun just bobbing up and down in the water, I've never seen a smile on Lanno's face like that before. After we floated around for a while, we had to get back on the boat--oh boy that was a chore. I don't want to stray too far from the happiness of the weekend, but I do want to report that getting back on the boat was one of the worst moments of my life. The boat we had did not have a ladder in the back and you kinda had to just jump in. Well, we were in ~6 feet of water and there was nothing to push off on. So, I had to get heaved up like a whale being lifted to safety. I can't even begin to tell you how that made me feel. It was horrible and just re-affirmed my goal of losing weight and getting healthy! I ended up even crying about it later when I took a shower, but that is all in the past and I'm moving forward!
The next morning Danny's parents joined us at the camp with their boat and we all headed out to the 'islands'. There are a series of barrier islands off of the coast, we went out there to fish and just hang out. The weather was a bit warmer than the day before and the breeze was next to zero, but once we zooming on the boat, it felt alot better! After about a 45 minute ride, we arrived to some VERY choppy water, the girls couldn't really handle the motion of the boat and we wanted off ASAP! LOL. We ended up anchoring the boats off the beach and we swam/walked to the island. It was close to heaven out there, we had the best time just hanging out in the water, watching the hermit crabs, checking out the boys while they fished and soaked up the sun. We ended the day with some goodies from the grill and a early night to bed.
It is so funny to think how much we've all changed and our patterns of drinking and staying up all night--or lack there of.
After I got home, I needed to head out to San Antonio for my glass class... details of that in the next post!


(for pictures of the camp weekend, you can check them out here... http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll53/BrodyDogPictures/)