Happy Saturday! LOL. Why in the hell am I so chipper? No freakin' clue, but I better run with it while my good mood is here.
I can partly blame my good mood on that while I was just walking to the bathroom, I had to pull my pants up! The last time I worked really hard at losing weight and working out, I had a melt down cause I couldn't grasp how one day my clothes fit me and the next they didn't, how fast my body was changing. When I decided that my life really needed changing, really acting on it and not just blowing smoke, I would lie in bed and think of all the mistakes I made in the past ( I think I'm going to list them out)
-if I was bad a day, I would reset my life back to 'starting on wednesday'
-if I went on a trip, I saw it as a chance to take advantage of 'local food' and be on a vacation from my diet
-if the scale didn't move, I was 'bad'
-if my clothes were too big, I didn't deserve to move to a smaller size
-if someone complemented me on my weight loss, i must have been really fat in the past
-if I couldn't lift as much as my friends, I'm weak
-if someone passed me by in 5K, I'm slow
wow, such negativity, no wonder my success was limited!
but I'm ready now... here is how I'm turning things around...
-Wednesday is not the only day of the week! life moves on, make each moment better than the last one, move forward, don't look back
-being on a trip does not cancel out calories. waking up a half hour early to work out does not kill you, eating well does not kill you, it is still your life, you need to live it well
-the scale does not dictate your success, every moment you do well is a small victory, and they add up
-hell yes I deserve to be in small clothes, I did well with my food, that is my reward
-yes, you were fat, there is no hiding it, say 'thanks', smile and keep moving, you do look good!
-you have to work at your weight lifting, you are not your friends!
-go ahead, pass me, I'll see you later. My ass is out here and that is better than any race time.

So, with all that written out, I'm still having mini-freak outs on my clothes being bigger. I have to calm myself down and say that I have done good, and these are results of being better. I want to share the store of my black shorts... In the beginning of the spring, I had to put a ponytail holder in the button hole and wrap it around the button to keep my shorts closed--they were too tight to button. This morning, I grabbed those shorts, put them on and went to wrap the holder around the button.
"Whoa, what just happened!"
I was pulling the holder way past where the button is...
"wait, can I button these!?"
I remove the ponytail holder from the button hole and slowly button my shorts. Everything is moving in slow motion just in case the button pops.
"holy shit! I got these buttoned!"
I let go and the shorts slide down a bit
"did these just hit my hips!?"
I walk slowly over to the mirror
"you've got to be kidding me! these not only fit me, they are loose! Holy freakin' shit"
and then the mimi-freakout started, I had to take a few deep breaths and then I realized that this was a mile marker in my journey to a healthier life. Smile and roll around in all the goodness, damn right they are loose!
Well, I'm getting ready for work tonight (we just launched the Sp.ace Shu.ttle and I have to work for a few nights) and I put on my black pants. I love these pants cause they are almost like wearing PJs, they stretchy goodness. So, with my black pants on, I take a few steps to put on my shirt... and my pants fall to my hips.
"holy shit, these are loose too!"
and I proceed to do a 'happy loose dance' and pull up my pants as I walk around the house.

Mel's party
So, everyone is currently over at Max and Melyssa's house celebrating Mel's new job in our group. As stated before, I'm currently working the mission and I'm not over there with gang. However, I have been kept in the loop by various text messages from Jodie and phone calls. I really hate being here right now and I wish that I was hanging out with my friends. I find it funny that we can't even go a night without communicating in some way.
I'm very much looking forward to Mel joining our group. She is going to be a great addition and I know that folks need some relief from some of their tasks.

Glass Class
my class ended yesterday afternoon. I came home pretty much empty handed, I had a few pieces of jewelry that I made from my high fire, but the sink and my high fire were still in the kilns cooling off when I left San Antonio. I was sad to leave them. They are being sent to me, so I'll see them by the end of the week (hopefully).
I enjoyed the class for the most part. It was kinda disorganized, but I learned tons of new techniques, which if you would have asked me in the beginning of the class that is what I wanted to get out of it, so I guess i can put that in the success column.
I've said this in the last few posts, but I really want to get the studio running and start churning out product. The art fest is only a few months away, I just paid for my tent today, and I have zero product to put in it--that equation just doesn't add up!
I hope to get some stuff done over the next few days before my family comes in this weekend. (yeah, I'm laughing too, cause my house needs to be cleaned and I still have to buy a new bed for the front spare room).

San Antonio 1/2 Marathon
Jodie told me about the SA 1/2 awhile ago. It sounded fun, but I really didn't take it serious, I didn't think that I could do it. But now that I'm moving and I'm feeling better, I totally can do this! And the best part is that Jodie sent me a schedule of what I need to do to get there, what mileage I have to do each day to get to the half. And it really doesn't look that hard. That is one of the funniest things to me about this whole thing. None of this stuff is killing me. I'm not rolling around on the ground becausing i'm suffering in some horrible way. I'm looking forward to the challenge of this plan that she sent me. I can so do this.