Greetings from San Antonio!

I'm here attending a 'Sinks and Vessels' glass class; it is a class that I've been eyeing for a while and since I had to cancel my Seattle trip, I decided I would take this class instead. The trip getting out here was long, after getting home from the camp, I took a quick shower, re-packed and then I hit the road. The trip out here seemed to take forever, the last hour was the worst. AND then... the 'mad happenings' took over. "Hi, my name is Nicole and I'm addicted navigation". I rely way too much on the nav unit in my car and that nav disc is 3 years old. The major roads in SA have changed as much as they have in Houston, so my nav didn't know where I was sometimes and tried to redirect me. I ended up driving around an additional 25 minutes trying to find the freakin' hotel and I was just getting more and more angry. I even made a trip around the terminals at the aiport--that was fun! When I finally got to the hotel, I crashed hard.

So, today was my first day of class. I started my day with a yummy egg-white omelet and I was out the door. I was really worried about my nav being all wonky, but it actually acted well and got me there with no issues at all. Once I got to class, we jumped right in and started creating our sinks and vessels. I freakin' LOVE GLASS, it is my drug of choice (besides food sometimes). The design on my glass took a 180degree turn and I went in a totally different direction than I thought I would, but that was kinda fun, seeing something form from a few sheets of glass!

here are the three sheets of glass that I choose for my piece...

French vanilla (that makes these really cool reactions), Woodland brown and Turquoise. I'm using the 'organic' edges in my design element, I can't to see how everything turns out. The totally firing takes about 48 hours to fuse the sink and cool down. We also made a 'vessel' today with a 'high fire'. We are actually boiling the glass at 1750deg causing it to move and flow and make some really awesome patterns within the glass. I can't wait to see that one either. We should be able to start working on that piece tomorrow (cold working it).
I think you can tell by the rambling of my post that I'm very excited about the class and the projects. I MUST get the cabinets installed and get moving on finishing the cold working area of the studio! Top priority when I get home!
Oh, after class I worked out in the hotel gym; it was hotter than heck in there, but I made it thru the workout. I'm going to try to hit the gym again in the morning. Tomorrow is suppose to be my weigh-in day, but since I'm not home we are going to skip this week's weight in and pick back up with it next week, so look for a new count. I've been very happy with my habits over the last few days with being 'on the road'. I tried to make smart choices at the camp (okay, the ton of Fritos I ate was a bad, but other than that, I tried to be good), and I'm making smart choices here in SA. This is life, I'm on the go often and I have to learn to adapt and always make smart choices. I have to say that it is becoming easier... but I still have a long way to go!