a quick definition of cold working: it is a way to take your art to the next level. you use sand blasting equipment, grinders, silica carbide grit, diamond pads and other methods to give your glass a silky finish that is awesome! I love cold working; it is hard work, my arms are very sore from holding the angle grinder thru multiple grit levels. I'm sure this all sounds like blah, blah, blah... anywho, I love it, I love how the glass looks after wards. I must get the cold working area set up in the garage. #1 priority when I get home (besides getting my work out notebook together).

I had a 6:30 wake up call this morning, but I just couldn't drag myself out of bed. I felt guilty about it all day. Missing one day of working out should not throw me into a tailspin--not a good way to 'live'. So I'm trying to let it go, and just plan on waking up tomorrow and working out and going about my merry way!

here are some pics from today...

(they're not the best in the world, but you get an idea of what I did)

not sure why this pic turned, but this is my 'high fire'
it looks better in person, the colors are so cool. I'm making a plate and some jewelry from it!



This is my 'sink' as it came out of the kiln, they call it a blank, I had to grind, sand, edge, etc to clean it up. After about 5 hours of cold working it, I put it back in the kiln for it to be slumped into a sink mold. I think I will name this piece "homage to Miami Vice" The turquoise turned out very, very blue. I like the style of the piece, love the 'lines', I'm just not happy with the blue color. live and learn


this is the back side of the blank. this will be the outside of the bowl. it is Woodland Brown with French Vanilla course frit. the big spots are the lights, I really don't have that much frit in one location. I like the back (kinda). we'll see how it all turns out. I learned lots in the class, so i can't wait to get home and play!