I have been called a handful of things over my 35 years, but I think a new name has found me: 'lost dog women'
so, I was taking the dogs for our usual walk tonight and just as we were rounding the back side of our walk, a dog runs across the street and then stops to look at my boys. As you well know my boys were having none of a dog just standing in front of them, they started to go nuts. The dog backed up, but my boys still wanted to 'see him'. As I was dragging the boys to move on, I saw that the dog had a collar, but I kept moving, I wouldn't chance Brody getting too near. As I moved down the street, a wave of guilt came over me--another lost dog. Sigh. I was coming up to Danny's house and I told myself that if he was home, I would see if he could watch the boys while I went back to see if I could find that dog. Danny's house was dark, but he was home. So, I ring the door bell, he comes to the door with a shocked look on his face. I explain to him what is going on, ask him if I can leave the boys in his backyard, borrow a flashlight, I take Brody's leash and set out to find this dog.
I hightail it back to where the dog was. I'm whistling and making kissing sounds trying to weed him out. No luck. I go further down the street, and I find him... he was safely back behind an iron fence, he had just gotten out of his yard, his mommy and daddy found him. As I walk back to Danny's house, I feel good about going back after the dog, there was no way I would have been able to sleep tonight if I knew I had left that dog out there. I arrive back at Danny's, I collect my dogs and I continue my walk...