Happy Sunday, day 3 of a 3 day weekend... boooo!

I accomplished so much this weekend! I'm so proud of myself. Please allow me to share...

Friday AM
went to the gym Friday morning and did a bit over 4 miles combined on the treadmill and the elliptical. I tried to put some more running into my workout and I was trying to make it once around the 'track'...ohmygosh, I thought I was going to die. My breathing was all jacked and I was trying to regulate it but then I wasn't concentrating on my running and I thought I was going to fall off. And then I had a flash of me falling off and Jodie just laughing so hard at me and just walking away like she didn't know me. LOL. Oh, and i remember why I do the treadmill more than the elliptical... no freakin' fan. good lordy does it get hot doing the elliptical, it feels like there is just a hot cloud of air surrounding my face, it really is horrible. And THEN! Jodie wanted to sit in the sauna... I have never had sweat just coming out of my pores like that... it was a weird feeling, but invigorating!

Friday mid-morning
since I was already all nasty from the gym, I decided to dig in and work on the cold-working portion of the studio. I put together the air compressor, got the sand blasting cabinet out, packed up the glass saw I'm trying to sell (please someone just buy the damn thing already), and did some cleaning. I got to a standstill point without having some connectors (needed to make a home.depot run) so I called it a day in the garage and took a nap before Jodie's 4th party.

Friday evening
Jodie's party was soooo much fun. I loved hanging out with everyone, and seeing all the babies. I showed Chris and Alexa my studio, I love that place so much, and I enjoy showing it off! :)
Bryan set off a whole bag of fireworks, one neighbor called us rednecks the other came out to inspect his mailbox to see if Bry had blown it up. LOL. The night ended with the best news of all! Chrissy and John are having a baby! I am so over the moon for them! They are going to be great parents and I can't wait to see their new little one!
oh, I'm not even going to address the eating I did at that party--too much good food, and I enjoyed every bite of it!

Saturday morning
Had plans to go to gym saturday morning, but I slept in. Jodie calls and wakes me up; I get dressed and I head over to her house. I'm greeted when I get in the door with "go look in the office!". I walk in there and sitting on the couch were the bat.man twins. I crack up. Mel found these really cute full bat.man customs for the boys, including masks. Maddox and Lan are just sitting there watching super friends, they barely acknowledge my existence. LOL. After a few pictures of the boys, we get ready to head out to the real Wayne manner. We decide to take my car, but I warn Jodie that it might smell like dog. We get in the car, pull out of the drive way, make it to the house next door to hers and Jodie can't stand it. LOL, we then jump into her car and hit the road. I so enjoyed our day with her. Sandy, I miss you g-friend! Sage is so stinkin' cute, but sooo tiny, he scares me how small he is. I need a baby with some substance so I can hold on to him...LOL. Jodie fed him, changed him and rocked him to sleep--she was in heaven, I was just happy to sit back and watch. We also brought some gifts up to Seth for his 4th b-day. Wow! he is such a big guy. I can't believe how much he has grown and changed over the last year. And he has one of the best smiles a kid can have, a full face smile that makes you smile too.

Saturday late afternoon.
Jodie and I made good time getting back from Sandy's, so we decided to stop off at Ave.nue to get me some new clothes before the Metro party. (that loud thud you just heard was me falling off of my chair recalling those events... I still can't believe it) Jodie asks what size I am. Who knows, my body is acting so weird that I have no clue what to pick up. (Okay, confession time, I'm going to share my clothing size with the world, eeek). When I started this journey, I was a high 22. Some of my 22's were tight on me, and I was wearing 22/24 (the combo thing) quite comfortably. Now, all my 22's are in a nice pile in the closet (yeah, bite me old 22's!), I have been wearing some 20s, but those are even getting big on me, but some are just fitting me nice, whatever... who knows what size I am. So, back to choosing sizes in ave.nue, I tell J to grab some 20s and maybe some 18s, the selection is horrible, but we load up and we head over to the dressing rooms. Damn if the 20s weren't too big and the 18s too small!!! I'm down 2 almost 3 dress sizes. huh, what?!?! does not compute in my head! ohmygosh I can't believe I can't find clothes in the good way now! Jodie goes and rounds up some more for me to try on. After about 2 dozen pairs of pants, I finally settle on 3, a pair of shorts, some tanks and a cute cherry pink top; I hand my credit card over, DENIED!!! What the heck is going on!?! The lady says that my account has been closed. That made no sense to me, so I ask her to hold my clothes and I'll come back for them (oh, with some non-expired coupons! I'm such a dumbass sometimes). So I call the company when I get home, well, I guess they closed over 2000 people's accounts by accident, they gave me a $20 credit and said that it would be re-activated on Monday. So, i guess I'll have to wait another couple of days for some new clothes.

Saturday evening
Metro had his big 3-5 b-day party a few weeks late. I had planned on just making an appearance, but I was having so many good conversations with different people that I didn't realize how fast the night was flying by. It was good to see Metro and Mrs. Metro; I saw them quickly at Runge's wedding, so it was good to spend a little more time with them. Speaking of Runge, him and his new bride came, it was great to see them also. They are so much still in the 'honeymoon' phase, it is so sweet that it is sickening! LOL.

Sunday morning
something woke me up at o'dark hundred and I had a choice of falling back to sleep or getting up and doing some stuff around the house. I chose #2 and started my day early. I made a home.depot run and thought I got all my stuff that I needed to finish hooking up all my cold working equipment (that was a nice thought... I had to make a second trip later in the afternoon). I came home, changed for the gym and hit the treadmill. I thought I would work on my breathing again. I would run until I felt like I was loosing control of my breathing, then I would ease up some, and start running again before I stopped huffing completely. It really helped, each time I would run a bit further and I would go longer before the 'out of control' feeling would come back. I was really proud of myself. I did that for about a mile or so and then called it a day.
I then hit the garage again, and started to set up the rest of my equipment with the stuff that I had bought at home.depot. I was a setting up fool... I was getting stuff up and running before I even knew it! I ran upstairs and grabbed a couple pieces of glass as a test subject and used it to check each piece of equipment out. Dang! I could be confused for a real studio. And in the back of my mind as I'm moving equipment, setting things up, etc was how much energy I had and that I didn't need to sit and recover for a few minutes. Just the ~12 lbs, eating better and days working out have really made a difference in my 'everyday' life. I was moving the hurricane boards from one side of the garage to the other and I had to check out my arms--damn, they're looking good (yeah, I know I still have a little jiggle, but they are still looking good). LOL.
After cleaning up all the mess I made setting things up, I walked to the front of the garage and looked back at things. Wow, I can't believe how EVERYTHING is coming together. How the studio is really working, how my health is changing, how (I believe) the tat is giving me the power I was hoping I could draw from it, how strong I feel, how I refuse to sweat the small stuff and how things are peaceful.
LIFE IS GOOD.