So, here I am again, sitting at home, not at work b/c I'm not feeling well. I'm sick of being sick.
This all started a few weeks ago when my prescription for a common allergy medicine ran out. I was just too lazy to go pick it up on time, it was filled for me automatically and it was just waiting for me. After a few days without it, I noticed I was getting bad headaches in the afternoon, sinus headaches. I even skipped out on a local baseball game cause my head was killing me so bad.
Those headaches soon turned into painful pressure in my forehead, and dizziness--my sinuses were packed with no relief in sight (it was very similar to how I felt in Germany). I went to the Dr on Thursday, she told me what I needed to use to start draining and I went on my way...
The medicine worked almost immediately, I was draining and the pressure in my head was going away.
Saturday morning I woke up and my left eye was H U G E! I immediately thought somehow I caught Jodie's or Samson's (LOL) pink eye. I was pissed. As the day went on, it looked more and more like I 'only' had a sty and not pink eye. My eye was still hurting tho and nothing was really making it feel better. This whole time, I also continued to take my medicine and was draining very nicely, headache all gone :)
Sunday the eye wasn't any better, I was being a semi-baby; I wanted to be full baby, my eye was killing me--bad. I decided to head to the eye dr. monday morning. I also decided to kick Samson out of my bed. I had no idea if this eye issue was due to him and his 'walking' hair, so I was done with it all. I knew it was going to be a long night keeping Samson off of my bed.
...and a long night it was. Samson kept trying to get on the bed and I had to get up and keep pointing him to his nice comfy bed on the floor. And this whole time, my eye was killing me.
I called first thing Monday morning and they were able to see me. The first question the Dr asked me after quickly looking at my eye was "have any sinus issues lately"
nb: ummmm, yes (and I explained how I felt the previous week)
dr: I can tell that you don't have pink eye or a sty, but let's look anyway
nb: k
she proceeds to put some yellow stuff in my eye to see if I had an eye scratch, fun for me.
dr: okay, you have an eye infection from your sinus drainage. You drained via your tear ducts, it got in your eye, and became infected.
nb: say what?!?! As Max says "it is all connected"
so she ends up giving me some drops and sends me on my way.
I ended going back to work, but then left soon after that...
And today I woke up with a fever and my eye killing me worse than this weekend.
I called the eye dr and she said that my eye was pretty bad and that I didn't have enough time for the drops to take effect yet--yeah, she didn't tell me that the morning before.

so, let's add this all up:
$15 co-pay for regular dr.
$40 for eye dr
$ 5 for eye drops
2.5 days off from work...
wow, what was the lesson here... get your damn prescription filled on time and take the damn tick-tac sized pills on time. NOT THAT HARD NICOLE!!!
am I pissed... yes, I'm very pissed.

Oh! and I took this lovely opportunity to eat whatever I wanted--comfort food if you'd like. Can't wait for tomorrow's weigh in...
Okay, its wednesday tomorrow, time to regroup and be good again. Not worth throwing weeks of work away or my life.
Come on Nicole, get it together...